Using the right warewashing equipment is crucial for a foodservice business. However, with the plethora of available options, choosing the unit that is right both for your needs and your budget can be a daunting task.
In this article, we will give you valuable tips on how to choose the right commercial dishwasher for your business.
1. Determine Your Capacity Requirements
To determine the necessary capacity, consider how many dishes, glasses, and utensils you need to wash per cycle. Overload is bad for performance and longevity. Underload is bad for your budget.
2. Consider the Types of Dishwashers
Each type has its peculiarities, for example, the workflow approach and purposes. And even including repair aspects - whether extra expertise is required to deal with the appliance if specific type. (By the way, on our platform, you can find commercial dishwasher repairing in London for any type!)
The three primary types popular in a foodservice business are:
a. Undercounter Dishwashers
These units are very compact. They do not take up valuable floor space and, thus, are ideal for kitchens with limited space.
b. Conveyor Dishwashers
This appliance type is great for high-volume operations. In other worlds, conveyor dishwashers are great for large restaurants or cafeterias. These type utilises a conveyor belt system to transport dishes through the cleaning process. With such units, you can reach a continuous flow of spark clean dishes.
c. Flight-Type Dishwashers
Units of this type are the most efficient. They can handle a high volume of dishes, and, thus, ideal for busy establishments with large-scale needs. Due to its conveyor system with washing, rinsing, and drying zones, equipment of this type provides excellent throughput.
3. Assess the Space Available
Measure the area where you intend to install the appliance. And consider all clearance requirements for each type of the preferred dishwashing equipment. This will help you choose a unit that fits seamlessly into your kitchen layout.
4. Consider the Wash Cycle Speed
The wash cycle speed determines how quickly you can turn around dirty dishes into clean ones. Faster wash cycles can increase productivity and ensure a smooth flow of dishes through the kitchen. However, units with faster cycles are often more expensive.
5. Evaluate Energy and Water Efficiency
In today's environmentally conscious world, energy and water efficiency are vital considerations. Nowadays, high energy and water efficiency ratings are a must. Besides, such units can reduce your utility costs over time significantly.
6. Consider targeted Features
Different features are designed to meet different specific needs. Here are some of the common features:
- Temperature Boosters: Dishwashers with temperature boosters ensure that dishes are washed at higher temperatures, effectively eliminating bacteria and other contaminants.
- Built-in Water Softeners: If you have hard water, consider this feature to prevent the buildup of limescale and extend the unit lifespan.
- Multiple Wash Programs: This feature offers flexibility and great customisation of the cleaning process.
- Noise Levels: Great to choose if your establishment has an open kitchen or a dining area close to the dishwasher.
Choosing the right commercial dishwasher can help you reach the highest efficiency of your warewashing facilities. To make an informed choice, consider the factors we mention above. And, of course, consider your budget.